Thursday, October 28, 2010

Jesse (Glenn) Weill and EAWII

Jesse Glenn Weill was the first wife of Ernest A. Weill II and the mother of Ernest A. Weill III. Ana and I suspect that the pic below is her. The man with her certainly does look like EAWII.

Jesse Glenn Weill




Top left: EAWII, top right Ken Emory and EAWII, bottom:EAWII is third from left

Chessie saved his obit. Her characteristic black album paper is a sure giveaway.


"Anna" is Aunt Anna, who Ana lived with when she was a teenager. Ana's name is spelled with 2 n's in this obit b/c that is what her parents named her (after her great aunt). Only later, when Mother Mary had a fight with Aunt Anna did she change her daughter's name.

1 comment:

  1. That story about Mary changing my name is true, however, the name was not changed on the birth certificate. It made for awkward explanations. I was a two name person. Some called me by one name, others by the other.
    In my early 60's airport security made it necessary for all my names to match. I found it was possible to amend my birth certificate. At last I have just one first name!

    ReplyDelete